5 Must Know Castor Oil Benefits for your Skin
Scientifically it's known as Ricinus communis, Arandi Ka Tel in Hindi and man kasto in hausa. Castor seeds are filled with a toxin called ricin, a poison that can be fatal. Like most things in nature, there is a healing component to the same seed in the oil that act as an emollient for the skin. castor oil has an abundance of benefits to get the skin you love.
Castor oil Is native to Africa and India and is made from pressing the Castor seed. The abundance of health benefits can be accomplished through eating the oil in prescribed doses, or using topically, depending on what your needs are. Castor oil is easily one of the most beneficial oils for natural healing and healthy skin ever discovered. That's why I like to put it in our GreenBody Butters. It contains omega 6 & 9 fatty acids to repair skin and Ricinoleic Acid reduces pain & swelling.
Castor oil benefits that restore your skins health and glow
- Heals red, raised inflamed skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles with antioxidants
- Helps prevent stretch marks by adding elasticity & repairing with fatty acids
- Reduce hyperpigmentation & blemishes
Get strong, healthy hair with castor oil
- Treats dandruff and dry scalp as an effective moisturizer
- Boost hair growth with proteins and antioxidants
- Antioxidants fight free radicals, which stops early graying
- Go from alopecia, to new baby hairs with hot oil treatments
- Restore naturally thick eyelashes and brows after all those years of make up
A deeper dive into Castor Oil Solutions for your skin
Slows Skin aging: castor oil makes an effective anti-aging treatment. If you add castor oil to your skin regimen you can help soothe dryness and restore integrity to your skin with castor oil. It will reduce wrinkles and fine lines while repairing damage from free radicals which ages us faster.
The most common skin conditions involve inflammation, raised red irritated skin commonly seen in things like eczema and psoriasis. Some of these episodes are from household cleaning products and detergents, and other exposures to harmful chemicals, even in your favorite food skin care brands. It's important to check ingredients for quality, benefits, and any side affects or bi-products from the ingredient list. if your skin seems sensitive and prone to irritation, it's smart to check your labels and see what's all going on your skin and in your body.
Got Dark Marks?
Hyperpigmentation, and dark marks might seem to never go away or last forever. Castor oil offers a quicker healing time to get you the even toned glowing skin you deserve. Excess melanin is produced in reaction to environmental factors like sunlight, but also and healing scraps, wounds, abrasions, chafing, anywhere your skin needs to protect itself. The only problem we have with this, is how long the blemish lingers. Adding Castor oil to your skin care regimen will produce more even skin from the inside out.
Stretch Marks, let them be
Stretch marks have a bad rap, but they really just tell a story and display some of your most intimate experiences with the world including pregnancy and overall health. Stretch marks show when you've lost and gained a significant amount of weight, they show the stress your body has been put through and that you survived, and my favorite stretch marks show how resilient the skin is! Even though we understand there value in our life story, it's still nice to have them fade away. To reduce the appearance of stretch marks castor oil is the perfect elixir to use daily and keeping your skin elastic, toned, and fresh with healthy cells.
DIY Stretch Mark Butter Recipe
- 15-20 drops Frankincense essential oil-Frankincense Study
- 1 ounce (2 TBSP ) cold pressed castor oil
- 2/3 cup Grade A Shea Butter
- 1 TBSP Raw Coconut OIl
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- ⅓ cup coco butter
- Gently heat the shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, and cocoa butter in a glass jar, loose lid, in a small pan over boiling water or an oil warmer
- Remove from heat once melted and add essential oils & Vitamin E
- Seal jar tight and shake profusely to blend all the oils together OR put in the fridge for 30mins-1hr to cool down before whipping with a hand mixer.
- Whipped butters will be lighter drier, and melted pours will solidify into a rich dense butter.
Studies conducted demonstrated that Frankincense essential oil induces apoptosis, but doesn’t affect cell cycle progression. Frankincense essential oil was effective in inhibiting tumor growth and inducing tumor cell apoptosis in a human breast cancer mice.