Prostrations Do More than you Know
The Secret Behind Prostrations in Faith
Prostration is the placement of the body in a reverentially humbly, face down, body extended. Typically prostration is distinguished from the other acts of bowing or kneeling by involving a part of the body above the knee touching the ground, especially the hands. If we break down the steps of prostrations, we can see the purpose behind the action and apply our unique understanding and intention to it.
STEPS OF PROSTRATION
1. PRAYER/MANTRA: Acknowledge connection with higher power
2. BOW, HANDS AND HEAD TOWARDS GROUND:
Express humility in understanding your part in the higher power
Touch the ground to appreciate Earth and everything provided for your existence that you can't do at your own hand (surrender)
Release burdens and worries to the Higher Power
3. RISE & REPEAT: To stand up symbolizes new birth, cleansing, purification.
Cardio. These movements get your blood flowing and stimulates energy transformation. ( metabolism)
Movement balances energy that could lead to emotional distress is left stagnant.
Among Buddhists prostration is believed to be beneficial for practitioners for several reasons, including:
- an experience of giving or veneration
- an act to purify negative emotions
- a preparatory act for meditation
- an act that accumulates merit (see karma)
Make your practice unique to you while understanding the intention and heart behind it. You can't go wrong if you...Lead with Love 💚